- Chet said he struggled as a teenager growing up in the shadow of his famous parents
- He complained he didn’t have a ‘strong male role model’ in his life to help him navigate bullies
- Hanks and Rita Wilson – who have been married 33 years – have two sons together: Chet and Truman, 25
- The Forrest Gump star also has a son Colin, 43, and daughter Elizabeth Ann, 38, from a previous relationship
- Tom Hanks fans were quick to defend the actor on social media
- Chet, who has endured numerous controversies in recent years, is launching a new personal training business
Tom Hanks – who is widely considered ‘America’s Dad’ and a beloved ‘normal guy’ in Hollywood – has been criticized by his own son.
Chet, 31, claimed he did not have a ‘strong male role model’ during his teens while he was struggling with the pressures of having celebrity parents.
Hanks and his wife of 33 years Rita Wilson, both 65, have two sons together – Chet and Truman, 25. The Forrest Gump star also has a son Colin, 43, and daughter Elizabeth Ann, 38, from a previous relationship.
Although Chet assured the public that ‘I love my parents’ and ‘wouldn’t want any different parents,’ he confessed having a famous family is ‘a double-edged sword.’
He said many people had ‘contempt’ for him as a movie star’s child, and while trying to navigate the ‘s***-talking’ and the ‘d***-riders,’ he lacked ‘a strong male role model’ who could have told him: ”Hey, bro, f*** these people. They are just jealous of you.’